Affiliate Marketing sucks … really? Just kidding …
Actually I think it’s intriguing.
I haven’t been this curious, frustrated, fascinated , and saturated with learning how it works since nursing school watching and participating in the O.R during medical surgeries.
Yep. Here’s why ….
When I was in the O.R. I discovered that doctors had their own techniques when it came to suturing an incision. The procedure may have been the same, but the surgical closing, bandages used, varied from doctor to doctor.
It’s a stretch – but Affiliate Marketing in some ways is like this. The tools you use are pretty standard. But HOW
you use them is really up to you.
Affiliate Marketing involves so much more than just posting banners and links on your website. What I’m about to share could have your Adrenalin pumping with excitement and a rush to get your promotions generated..
What I’ve learned is there’s no magic Affiliate Marketing strategy. In fact, Affiliate Marketing is pretty fickle – you can’t count on it as dependable income. It runs hot and cold depending on the product and how much you promote it. However, there is great potential to earn lots of money and it takes – time.
The experience of your first sale is an emotional rush for sure. But to keep it going, you have to keep promoting daily…
There are numerous ways to market products, even your own business which can keep you from jumping into the mix – it’s overwhelming. What do you do? You try different methods and use the ones that make sense to you and are comfortable with to start. The tools you’ll use are the same, you just need to figure out what your “style” of promotion is …
Here’s the absolute good news: You can’t be like someone else. In fact, avoid being like someone else – this = instant failure. You can only be you – so this is what you want to cultivate as part of your Affiliate Marketing strategy. ..
What is it about you that is different from someone else? Here’s more good news – there will always be an audience for you. People will be attracted to your message – when you’re able to identify what makes you different from someone else’s business and incorporate that into your marketing messages.
So here are the “tech” tools you need:
- your self-branded website (www.yourname.com)
- Capture page system
- Funnel system
- Merchant account (PayPal)
- Graphics program (Pic Monkey, Youzign, Canva)
- PDF creator
- Video software
- Social Media accounts
- Facebook Fan page ( and other social platforms)
Here are the “Research” tools:
- research a product, find something that RELATES to your business
- Ask for a review copy
- Ask the creator of the program if they supply all the marketing tools, Bonus page, banners, swipe emails (always write your own)
- Create your capture page/funnel
- Promote, promote, promote
Do you do this just once? No, it’s an ongoing, daily process…
So that’s the outline of what you need.
The question is how do you connect the dots? In future posts I’ll show you. Remember, you, your personality, your style of doing things is part of the “unique glue” you’ll be using.
It’s really an “art” I think putting all this together. Yes, it takes time. But I think Affiliate Marketing can actually be fun as well as financially rewarding.
Got questions? Comment below or contact me and happy to answer …
- VideoMakerFX - Video Creation Software Incredible New Video Creation Software for Marketers and Offline Businesses. Take Your Videos To a New Level and Profit Like Never Before!
- Instaeasy InstaEasy is the worlds first web based Instagram autoengagement tool
- Instamate Luxury Edition 2017 Instamate is the worlds first all in 1 web based Instagram tool that finds the most viral content on FB, Instagram and Pinterest then allowing you to post and Schedule directed from the computer.
- PIC REDIRECT Make all of your pictures on Facebook, Google +, Linkedin, and Pinterest clickable and instantly redirect anyone to any website you choose.