Honestly, approaching someone online has got to be one of the biggest challenges people face. I know, I’m challenged by this too … but it doesn’t have to be something that causes you to retreat.
If you’re an online marketer you have to roll up your sleeves and dive into the world of conversation through messaging, Skyping, and texting. It’s really not different from anything else done in the “real” world.
Waiting for people to come to you, I can tell you it’s not going to happen. YOU have to reach-out.
Here’s the RIGHT way:
- Reply to the comments you get on your blog
- Reply to comments you receive on social media (Facebook, etc.)
- NEVER pitch your opportunity first. This is a MAJOR TURN OFF
- Initiate, initiate, imitate
The two most common reasons people don’t reach out is –
- I don’t know what to say (sure you do)
- I can’t do that (sure you can)
We are our own worst enemy and we hold ourselves back – no one else does. So give it a try.
Be on the caring side… and you’ll never go wrong.
One thing I can tell you for sure… if you don’t reach out, no one will know who you are or worse – even care.
You have work to do, yes?
PS_ Have thoughts about this? Comment below.