Connect the “Dots”? What the heck does that mean. . .
Learning the ins and out of blogging can be a real challenge. It’s not only about writing or finding content, rather HOW to best promote your content or generate interest in your online projects. And this requires thinking about the TOOLS you’ll need to do so. This means learning how to connect the dots that is inherent to each tool you’ll want to you.
For example – how would you go about creating an email course? What tools do you need to implement your idea. It might look something like this:
You Would Need an Auto-responder
- Have auto-responder program like Get Response
- Create a campaign for your e-class (Need to learn HOR to set up a campaign – what are the steps)
- Write a welcome note to your program to send immediately to new sign-ups
- Create your weekly e-class in individual messages that are sent out automatically to the emails that signed up For your e-class through your auto-responder
You Would Need a Word.doc Program
- Word – to write your program (Design it first. Then you could use this information in your promotions)
- Power Point to make slides for your e-class
- Plan hangouts for your e-class (Need to learn Google Hangouts of other online conferencing program)
You Would Need a Landing Page Program
- Create Landing Page program to promote your e-class and collect sign-up emails that go directly into your auto-responder campaign (Need to learn HOW to create an landing page on your own)
- Subscribe to a program that creates them, or use an easy plugin to use from your website. (You need to learn
Programs You Might Need
- Video Creation Program (Need to learn how to use it)
- Graphic Creation program like Canva
Charging Money? You’ll Also Need
- A Pay Pal account or other program for money transactions
And Of Course Social Media For Promoting
- Facebook Fan Page for Business ( Need to learn how to set one up)
- And more …
For each part of the idea you want to implement, you’ll need online programs to help you design your project and come to life. For new people starting out with blogs have a lot of GREAT ideas and want to create them. But, they don’t realize, maybe even you, these other program tools are necessary to bring your ideas to life online.
So the learning curve is great. If you pick one aspect of your project and focus on that and get it done, you’ll be putting all (Linking) the parts together into a finished one you can then promote.
Of course all of this can be overwhelming especially if you don’t know how to “connect the dots” , Why? Because of of the programs you’ll need involves a technological side that you’ll have to learn. Hands on skills like dragging and dropping, copy and pasting,creating links, and so much more.
Maybe watching this video will Give You More Insight
When you have a blog, you are constantly being challenged. Always learning new things and you may be skittish about it. But once you learn it, it will come easier and the next time you plan out an idea, it will be easier.
So, roll your sleeves up, learn, connect the dots, and see your projects come alive online!
Get more blogging, life, and wellness insights ...
Let's start with visual steps creating a 6 week email course
Thank you for connecting!
Oops ... Something went wrong.